Thursday, July 18, 2013

My So Called Computer Life - Digital Storytelling - Activity 15

I am not going to be a voice over actress!  Sad but true - because it took me about 100 takes to get this down.  I really want to flip some of my classes - but I will have to get better or it will take too long!  I recorded this using screencast-o-matic the program itself was really easy and I highly recommend it. My digital story is about "My so called computer life" and looks back at my first computer memories and looks forward to how this Web 2.0 class will hopefully impact my teaching.

4 comments:

  1. I think your voice sounds terrific. I've definitely got to check out screencast-o-matic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Love the flashback. I had dial up for so long! I will have to check out that screencast program. Oh, SciFri...love those days. Beautiful glogster. I love your idea about how to use twitter. WE should collaborate on ways to use twitter and blogging. We often have similar ideas! I want to start a community too on g+. Piggott does a weebly assignment for the cancer brochures - ask her about it! Weebly is super easier to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would consider keeping your students in Google Sites. If they are blogging with Blogger, keeping everything in their google world will make things easier. Depending on what your plans are for the web pages, blogger allows you to create pages linked to your blog. You can see this with my Learning 2.0 blog, it has pages for the summer blogs and another page that links back to the class wiki.

    Enjoyed your presentation and the trip down memory lane! Great work to finish both web classes simultaneously! Please, let me know when you are ready to start implementing some of your ideas, i can help.

    Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip down memory lane! It made me flashback to 1993 when I was using a type writer to write my college essays. Your classes are going to be rock'n when you flip your classroom!!! Great final reflection!!!

    ReplyDelete